Its lovely when you feel like that. Its amazing how much affect we have on people. One word/look can make someone feel like rubbish, and a little effort to make someones day that bit better can feel like an entire day of perfect events.
This Tuesday (yesterday) I had what I thought was tough. Well, in some ways it was, and a little boring. I was ready to go home, and close to tears. I spoke on the phone to Ian, and after the womens meeting I called him to let him know I was on my way back.
After the 45 mins drive back home, I opened the door to the house to find it dark and candlelit (for those of you who dont know I have some kind of addiction to candles). There were two post-it notes on the door "Prepare to relax" " Prepare to be loved". It was so sweet. I looked down and their were my slippers! hehe. There was also music playing...mmmmm!
I followed Ian through the candlelit living/dining room and he said look I have something for you in here....and in the bathroom was a fat bubble bath with a heart of bubbles in the middle! (and more candles of course!). I sang my little heart out in there! It was hot and nice. Next, he came in with a cup of tea (again, for those of you who have no idea tea is like my staple drink!). But, that was not it. I was thinking on the way home in the car that I should call Ian to tell him what kind of tea I want. I didnt even need to! He knew which one of the many we have I wanted. That too was sooo sweet!
Afterwards, I got out the bath and was summond to the kitchen. The music had been moved from the bathroom to the kitchen, followed by more candles and DINNER!! Yes Im always hungry but thats besides the point! I was particularly hungry and Ian did it all...for me!
All his efforts made my not so good day PERFECT. It was so endearing and I felt so special.
The best thing about it is that none of it cost any money, and none of it was extravagant. All of the things were simple, everyday stuff - which (like the candles and tea) probably mean absolutely nothing to you, but everything to me :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
how amazing and inspiring Sx
ReplyDeleteThat is so sweet.
ReplyDelete