Friday, 4 December 2009

Everlasting God {For Jeni...(and me)}

...I sing that song all the time. Quite regularly at home actually; but today while I was in the shower the truth of the lyrics hit me (its amazing how old things have new/untapped light in the midst of difficult or testing times).

Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord...Our God, You reign forever
Our hope, our Strong Deliverer. You are the Everlasting God, The Everlasting God
You do not faint, You won't grow weary. You're the defender of the weak, You comfort those in need, You lift us up on wings like eagles.


I've heard it many times but today in my not doing much or thinking much time - just simply having a shower as I sang along it was as if time was still for a second.
The song spoke (speaks) to my heart directly, saying: I AM SOVEREIGN AND HAVE GOT THINGS UNDER CONTROL...

Psalm 46:10
"Cease striving and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." 

Isaiah 40:28-31 
Do you not know? Have you not heard? 
The Everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth
Does not become weary or tired His understanding is inscrutable. He gives strength to the weary, and to him who lacks might He increases power. Though youths grow weary and tired, and vigorous young men stumble badly, Yet those who wait for the LORD 
Will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired,They will walk and not become weary.

No comments:

Post a Comment